“QNUK Level 3 Award in Outdoor First Aid (RQF)”
This 16 hour course is aimed at Outdoor Activity Instructors or others who may be required to provide first aid in an outdoor environment where help may be up to 2 hours away.
The qualification meets the requirements of a number National Governing Bodies (NGBs) including BCU, Mountain Training, BASI, RYA. As we are instructors for various organisations we can often offer dual certification supplying a BCU or RYA First Aid Certificate as well as the Outdoor First Aid Qualification – get in touch and we might be able to help.
We don’t believe that a normal first aid course taught outside is the same thing as an Outdoor First Aid Course. This course is specifically tailored for those working in the outdoors where immediate medical help may not be available.
Our course director has for many years worked in the outdoors and holds or is undergoing training in walking, DofE, kayaking, archery and climbing qualifications.
The course syllabus includes:
- Assessments of situation and casualty
- Airway, breathing and circulation assessments, including emergency resuscitation
- Safe airway position
- Dealing with choking
- Treatment of severe bleeding and shock
- Major injuries, including chest and head injuries
- Treatment of breaks and fractures
- Environmental injuries such as hypothermia, hyperthermia and drowning
- Life threatening conditions, such as heart attack, asthma, diabetes
- Management of emergency situations, including basic casualty movement
- Plus bites and stings etc